How, despite thirty years of effort, Soviet attempts to build a national computer network were undone by socialists who seemed to behave like capitalists.Between 1959 and 1989, Soviet scientists and officials made numerous attempts to network their nation―to construct a nationwide computer network. None of these attempts succeeded, and the enterprise had been abandoned by the time the Soviet Union...
Series: Information Policy
Hardcover: 312 pages
Publisher: The MIT Press (March 25, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 715912
Format: PDF ePub TXT book
reviews: Peters book on Networking the Soviet Union is less a tale of the technology developed in the then Soviet Union than a tale about the structure of the centralized bureaucracy that managed to nearly bankrupt the entity. As regards to the actual technol...
- How Not to Network a Nation: The Uneasy History of the Soviet Internet (Information Policy) epub
- Download How Not to Network a Nation: The Uneasy History of the Soviet Internet (Information Policy) pdf
- How Not to Network a Nation: The Uneasy History of the Soviet Internet (Information Policy) txt
- 0262034182 epub
- Download Benjamin Peters pdf
- Download Benjamin Peters ebooks
- Download Computers and Technology pdf ebooks
eriodendron.duckdns.org download pdf Trick or Treat Smell My Feet Gilbert the Opossum book pdf reaffirmation.duckdns.org The Dictionary of Body Language A Field Guide to Human Behavior pdf download photogelatin.duckdns.org
This is a great book and Johnston really knows how to tell it. He'll say it's difficult to put in wr...
I bought this book a few days ago, and finished reading it yesterday (stayed up till 1am). It is a f...